- Premium eucalyptus plantations
- Leadership role
- Hamilton VIC
This company grows and harvests premium quality Eucalyptus globulus (Blue Gum) plantations for the production of woodchip used for high quality paper manufacture in the south west region of WA and green triangle areas of VIC and SA. They establish commercial treefarms on premium quality land that meet strict criteria, including location, rainfall and soil type. Once the plantation is established the treefarm is managed over a 10 to 15 year period until the trees have matured and are ready to be harvested and sold to be made into premium grade paper and logs for other uses. During the management period this company continues to research and develop new and improved methods of growing superior trees.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the primary purpose of the Harvesting Manager is to manage harvesting production, staff and contractors for the timely delivery of product within specification, budget and operational constraints.
- Develop and maintain the harvesting budget
- Provide leadership and coordinate implementation of quality management practices
- Ensure roading and harvest planning is done within time frames and budget
- Oversee contractors and their operational performance
- Actively undertake stakeholder engagement and interactions
- Ensure a safe working environment for all staff, contractors and visitors
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience working in plantation forestry and harvesting
- Leadership and staff management experience
- Excellent communication and team building skills
- The ability to work autonomously and in high pressure situations
- Excellent computer and Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Post-secondary qualifications in forestry or relevant tertiary qualification (highly advantageous)
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated to reflect skills and experience.
How To Apply
For a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Malik on +61 8 8201 9999 quoting reference number SM2989, or apply online with a resume and cover letter via the ‘Apply’ button.