- Career opportunity within the citrus industry
- Australian owned and operated family business
- Gayndah QLD
This company is an 100% Australian owned and operated family business in the Central Burnett region of Queensland. They grow, pick, pack and market many varieties of citrus to sell to domestic and international markets. The business began growing citrus in 1977 and expanded with packing and marketing operations in 2003, now packing and marketing for other growers in the region.
Reporting directly to the Packhouse Manager, the Packhouse Production Coordinator is a hands-on role with the primary purpose to ensure fruit is packed to bespoke quality standards.
- Assist to ensure successful performance of the company’s fruit packing operations
- Ensure packing line seasonal staff are thoroughly trained
- Supervise the processes of citrus fruit packing
- Implement accurate bespoke fruit external specifications
- Supervise stock control, consumption management and ordering of materials
- Assist with routine preventative maintenance as well as planning and scheduling
Skills and Experience
- Experience within the fresh produce/horticultural packing industry
- Proven team leadership capabilities
- Strong communication skills and the ability to maintain a team environment
- Ability to perform under pressure and problem solve to meet customer requirements
- Previous machinery operation experience (desirable)
- Drivers licence (essential)
- Forklift licence (essential)
- ChemCert certificate (advantageous)
- HACCP/food safety training (advantageous)
- Post-secondary qualifications in horticulture, agriculture or management (highly advantageous)
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated to reflect skills and experience.
How To Apply
For a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Malik on +61 8 8201 9999 quoting reference number SM2900, or apply online with a resume and cover letter via the ‘Apply’ button.