- Large scale corporate mixed enterprise
- Leadership opportunity
This company is a leader in Australian agriculture, producing high quality livestock and grain. They are focussed on food production excellence, along with being a committed investor in the Australian agricultural industry. This large scale mixed enterprise of 48,000 ha runs approx. 100,000 DSE in the Western Wimmera region of Victoria with a focus on sheep production and broadacre cropping.
Reporting to the Property Manager, the Livestock Overseer will implement and action the livestock program along with daily supervision of all staff and contractors, and ensure all operations are conducted in a timely and safe manner.
• Implement the livestock program as developed by the company
• Daily supervision of all staff and contractors
• Ensure all operations are conducted in a timely and safe manner
• Monitor animal health and feeding requirements
• Documentation and reporting of all livestock breeding and paddock records
• Supervise the production of livestock to achieve volume, quality and cost objectives
Skills and Experience
• Minimum of 5 years livestock experience with sheep
• Minimum of 2 years managing or supervising a team
• Sound mechanical knowledge
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Basic knowledge of MS Office programs
• Strong negotiation skills
• Previous experience monitoring animal health
• Post-secondary qualifications in Agriculture are highly desirable
• Current ChemCert Certificate is essential
• Current HR or higher licence would be desirable
• A forklift licence would also be desirable
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated to reflect skills and experience.
How To Apply
For a confidential discussion, please contact Luke Cuthbertson on +61 8 8201 9999 quoting reference number LC2910 or apply online with a resume and cover letter via the ‘Apply’ button.