- Privately owned grain trading, storage and transport company
- Toowoomba, QLD
Operating in the area for more than 15 years, this company has become a thriving business serving the grains and fertiliser industry in the Darling Downs and Northern NSW region. The company operates a large grain handling facility and provides logistics, storage and grain cleaning/drying services. They are also involved with marketing and trading grain and are an agent for Gypsum products.
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Finance Manager will be responsible for the management of financial and business functions including but not limited to: financial advice, compliance, administration, analysis and reporting, for all trading, storage and handling and transport functions of the company’s business units.
- To manage the financial and business systems which control all company’s enterprises
- Develop and implement efficient management and financial reporting systems
- To bring business acumen to the planning, budgeting and internal operational controls
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with all staff and local contractors
- Maintenance of Inventory Management System and month end inventory reconciliations
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Undertaking business performance analysis to provide insightful information and expectations to management
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated business management or accounting experience in an agribusiness, grain storage and handling and or transport operation
- Sound financial/numeracy capabilities and competence in managing budgets in an agribusiness production environment
- Higher level computer literacy particularly with management and financial reporting software
- An understanding of the seasonal challenges in grain, transport and storage and handling
- Able to implement continuous performance improvement strategies
- Well organised and able to set timeframes, allocate resources, and follow up on details
- Sound influencing skills, and able to build trust with staff and stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Tertiary qualified- accounting, commerce, agribusiness or business
- Previous management accounting experience with an agricultural or agribusiness, also including grain, transport and storage and handling would be advantageous
An attractive remuneration to reflect skills and experience will be negotiated.
How To Apply
For a confidential discussion, please contact Tom Lucas on +61 8 8201 9999.
Apply online with a resume and cover letter via the ‘Apply’ button, or alternatively via email to email@example.com quoting reference number TL3206
The Lucas Group
The Lucas Group is dedicated to providing the agricultural industries with HR consultancy, executive search and recruitment services. As Australia’s premier agribusiness recruitment agency, we search regionally, nationally and globally to identify highly skilled candidates who possess passion and aptitude for the agribusiness industries.
You can find out more about us here: www.lucasgroup.com.au