|Job Title||Livestock Manager|
|Job Type||Full-Time Regular|
|Job Description||- Diverse, hands-on leadership role|
- Well known, established company with opportunities for career progression
- Western Districts, Victoria
This 11,500-hectare broadacre cropping and livestock aggregation is currently carrying around 55,000 DSE and is located at Skipton, Victoria. As part of a larger scale investment company that evaluates, develops and manages agricultural assets on behalf of their institutional investors, this renowned property is integral in their operation.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Livestock Manager will be accountable for the commercial performance and growth of the livestock enterprise, currently operating in the top decile of high rainfall, large scale sheep and cattle enterprises. The role has direct responsibility for leading the team in their day to day operations whilst improving the business’s livestock systems. This is a hands-on role that will require active participation in all elements of livestock husbandry and management.
• Management of a high performing, large scale livestock enterprise
• Supervision of daily activities of the livestock team
• Implementation of all animal management and husbandry tasks
• Pasture assessment and feed budgeting
• Management of paddock records using AgriWebb
• Ensure livestock staff and contractors comply with all safety procedures
• Contribute to enterprise budgeting
Skills and Experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in high rainfall, large-scale sheep and cattle management
• Sound pasture assessment and feed budgeting experience
• Strong administration and record keeping skills
• Self-starting high performing individual
• Proficient computer skills and experience with spread sheets and Microsoft Office suite
• Relevant tertiary qualifications in agriculture or similar would be advantageous
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated to reflect skills and experience.
How To Apply
For a confidential discussion, please contact Luke Cuthbertson on +61 8 8201 9999 quoting reference number JS3081 or apply online with a resume and cover letter via the ‘Apply’ button.