- Fulltime permanent position
- Engage with research and support sugarcane producers to adopt best practice
- Whitsundays QLD
Operating as a not-for profit organisation supporting growers in the Proserpine region, this company is driven by ensuring a sustainable and profitable future for its registered growers. The organisation has strong community values and is constantly striving to provide a link between current industry knowledge and improving on currently methods.
They are seeking an Extension Agronomist to help provide that link and who are passionate about the industry and backing growers to increase productivity.
As an Extension Agronomist you will help facilitate the implementation of best management practices through providing on-farm agronomic advice to growers in the region.
If you are someone who enjoys building the capabilities of others, has strong relationship building skills and wants to be involved in improving overall profitability across the industry, you need to apply.
- In conjunction with the Manager, develop and administer the extension plan
- Assist growers and industry stakeholders to adopt Best Management Practices
- Participate in field days, field demonstrations and learning initiatives to promote the organisations services and further build a strong industry network
- Monitor field trials and assist with research extension
- Execute a portfolio of projects aimed at increasing industry productivity, profitability and sustainability
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated technical agronomic background
- Strong understanding of sugarcane production processes
- Sound commercial acumen
- Excellent networking and communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Tertiary qualifications in Agricultural Science or other related discipline
An attractive remuneration package including a company vehicle will be negotiated to attract high calibre candidates.
How To Apply
For a confidential discussion, please contact Caroline Reichstein on +61 8 8201 9999 quoting reference number CR3173, or apply online with a resume and cover letter via the ‘Apply’ button.