- Team leadership role
- Well-establish horticultural company
- Emerald, QLD
This well-established family owned and operated horticultural company take pride in their management practices, strong, clear lines of communication and high-quality produce. The company has long established reputations for quality produce for both domestic and export markets. With over 850ha of citrus, the company is currently seeking a Packhouse Team Supervisor to join the team in their citrus packing facility.
Reporting to the Packhouse Manager, the prime function of this role is to supervise the packing teams to ensure that fruit is packed to bespoke quality standards, production targets are achieved, and that staff are trained properly and thoroughly understand their role and expectations with regard to quality and productivity.
- Maximise productivity of the packhouse team
- Optimise returns from the packing operations
- Adhere to food safety protocols
- Supervise the cleaning of production lines and general packing shed
- Supervise, train and motivate seasonal packing staff
- Provide leadership in all aspects of quality assurance
Skills and Experience
- Experience with fresh produce packing operations and team supervision
- Well-organised with the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team-orientated with the ability to problem-solve
- Computer literate
- Current drivers licence
- Fork lift licence (desirable, but not essential)
- Post-secondary qualifications in horticulture or front-line management (desirable, but not essential)
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated to reflect skills and experience.
How To Apply
For a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Malik on +61 8 8201 9999.
Apply online with a resume and cover letter via the ‘Apply’ button, or alternatively via email to email@example.com quoting reference number SM3065.
The Lucas Group
The Lucas Group is dedicated to providing the agricultural industries with HR consultancy, executive search and recruitment services. As Australia’s premier agribusiness recruitment agency, we search regionally, nationally and globally to identify highly skilled candidates who possess passion and aptitude for the agribusiness industries.