- Exciting career opportunity for a recent graduate
- Large-scale horticultural enterprise
This company is part of the largest privately-owned macadamia enterprise in the Southern Hemisphere. Their aim is to produce premium product through management procedures that are formulated with long-term sustainability in mind. The company manage over 6,000ac of macadamia orchards in Queensland with plans to double this within the next 10-15 years.
The Graduate Technical Officer will show the ability to learn, adapt and improve within the company to provide accurate advice and assistance to Farm Managers on a number of programs relating to farm management.
- Review and enhance management procedures across the orchard, integrated pest and disease programs and irrigation and soil nutrition operations
- Provide technical assistance to Farm Managers in implementing farm programs
- Monitor the orchards for insect pests as part of the pest monitoring team
- Carry out leaf and soil sampling
- Assist to determine tree nutrition requirements to optimise tree health
- Assist the Harvest Manager with harvest schedules, reports and quality control
- Input and report data and participate in the development of PAM farming software
Skills and Experience
- Experience living or working in a rural region in the agricultural sector
- Knowledge of agronomy and understanding of farm management practices
- The willingness to learn and adopt new technologies and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Sound problem solving skills
- Competent computer literacy
- A tertiary qualification in agricultural sciences (in final year of study or completed within the last 3 years)
- Current unrestricted car drivers’ licence
Occasional travel to farm locations across Queensland will be required (predominately day trips).
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated to reflect skills and experience.
How To Apply
For a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Malik or Kelly Stihec on +61 8 8201 9999.
Apply online with a resume and cover letter via the ‘Apply’ button, or alternatively via email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number SM3181.
The Lucas Group
The Lucas Group is dedicated to providing the agricultural industries with HR consultancy, executive search and recruitment services. As Australia’s premier agribusiness recruitment agency, we search regionally, nationally and globally to identify highly skilled candidates who possess passion and aptitude for the agribusiness industries.